What is ALV and What is Advantage of ALV.
ALV is Application List viewer. Sap provides a set of ALV (ABAP LIST VIEWER) function modules which can be put into use to embellish the output of a report. This set of ALV functions is used to enhance the readability and functionality of any report output. Cases arise in sap when the output of a report contains columns extending more than 255 characters in length. In such cases, this set of ALV functions can help choose selected columns and arrange the different columns from a report output and also save different variants for report display. This is a very efficient tool for dynamically sorting and arranging the columns from a report output. The report output can contain up to 90 columns in the display with the wide array of display options.
- Collapse multiple reports into one, drastically cutting down your report development time
- Save many hours using built-in ALV sorting, subtotaling and filtering capabilities
- Add conditional structures into your ALV report: No programming required!
- Combine ALV with display variants to meet a wide range of reporting requirements more easily
- Dynamically reorder column layouts and add/subtract fields
- Enable users and analysts to save their own personalized variants